Join the Global Swarm for a 10-hour bootcamp
Learn how to apply futures thinking toward 21st century challenges, gain an in-depth understanding of participatory futures approaches through exercises and case studies, and gather tips and tricks for designing and delivering participatory futures engagements from leading practitioners.
What is Participatory Futures?
Participatory futures is a range of approaches for involving citizens in exploring or shaping potential futures. It aims to influence and encourage long-term thinking and actions in the present.
Our bootcamp is designed to give you and your organization an introduction to:
- Applying futures thinking at individual, communal, and organizational scales
- Understanding the five approaches to participatory futures
- Analyzing case studies of participatory futures from around the world
- Designing more inclusive, imaginative, and impactful participatory futures engagements
This 10-hour virtual bootcamp begins on 14 July and ends on 24 July, 2020
Want to learn more about the curriculum?
Have questions about the bootcamp?
Want to chat before you sign up?
Who is teaching the bootcamp?
The Action Foresight Global Swarm (hereafter Swarm) is a network of researchers, practitioners, and pracademics. We represent a diverse array of geographies and a range of professional experiences. We first swarmed together in 2019 for a project with NESTA to research participatory futures, which led to the publication of this guidebook: Our Futures: By the people, for the people. We enjoyed working together so much that we are publishing a book together and decided to launch this course.
Who should attend the bootcamp?
- Anyone who wants to enhance their capability as a practitioner and/or researcher
- Everyone who wants to help leverage citizen involvement, collective intelligence, and critical creativity to enhance decision-making and strategy development processes
What are the key details?
- No background in futures/foresight or participation required (we’ll do an intro to both)
- 10-hours over 10 days virtual bootcamp runs from 14-24 July 2020 (weekend break)
- We will use Miro and Zoom to create an engaging and hands-on learning experience
- Cohorts are capped at 15 to maximize shared learning
- We aim for maximum convenience in terms of timing, and depending on the number and location of the bootcamp attendees, we may offer multiple cohorts by region and/or experience level
- Participants will receive a “Certification of Completion” upon successfully finishing the bootcamp
Members of APF, WFS, and WFSF are offered a special rate of $450
Regular price is $750
If you have a discount code or were an attendee at the Primer2020 conference (just need to verify your ticket), please contact us to ensure that you receive the special rate of $490